On waiting…impatiently.

by Melissa on August 14, 2013

I need to listen to this more often:

Go for it.

I’m impatient, too, so basically, I’m a mess. I can’t wait, but I wait too long. Haha. I’m waiting on a response from the grad school I’m dying to get into – their curriculum makes me drool, and I have no problem admitting that I geek out over school. The smell of a book. Shopping for supplies. I’m sure it’s a mix of my love of science, reading, and learning and the nostalgia of how much I loved school shopping when I was little. Lucky for me, I have two little ones in school this year, and I can geek out with them when they shop. ;)

So here I am, waiting…in limbo. I wanted the decision to come the day before I submitted the application, of course, but I also want them to take the time to see what I have to offer. Good things come to those who wait? Whoever said that wasn’t waiting for anything spectacular. ;) I’ve been checking the status of the application more than once a day, and I finally dreamed about it last night. You know what happened? They wrote me and said they’d be pleased to inform me of their decision, but that it’d require a $100 payment for the application fee first.

Of course. Why wouldn’t I have to? Haha.

So here I am…having gone for what I want…impatiently waiting while the ball is in their court.

With that said, I’ve held this blog o’ mine in limbo for too long now. I’m a planner, and without planning certain things in my life, I’m a chaotic mess. I’m terrible at time management if I don’t have a plan. So I have two plans for this fall, and I just need to know which one to go with. I’m part Type A and part Type B. The Type A in me is going nuts right now. What I want to do more here on this blog is share more of what I love: photography, nutrition, recipes, running, and more. I’ve got a lot to talk about, and I’ve been holding off. I’m just going to have to learn to let go a little and just go for it instead of waiting around for one thing to plan my life. I’m working on being more present…just living life and not letting the Type A mess take over too often. ;)

In between goals

QOTD: Are you as terrible at being patient as I am? For you Type A’ers, how do you plan around such a big waiting game?

Janine @ The Purple Giraffe August 14, 2013 at 11:02 am

I’m probably one of the most impatient people on the planet. It’s a blessing and a curse, really. On the one hand, I get sh*t DONE! On the other, when the ball isn’t in my court, I’m a mess! #controlfreak
Janine @ The Purple Giraffe recently posted…WIAW: Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips!My Profile

Melissa August 14, 2013 at 11:09 am

Ha! I was just reading your post! lol SAME HERE! I hate hate hate when the ball is in someone else’s court!!! I always try to get things done quickly, but thoroughly, and I expect the same from others. (I forget that they’ve got to deal with thousands of apps. lol)

Liz @ The Girl on Fire Now August 14, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I’m pretty bad at waiting – I get nervous and antsy and can’t sit still!
Liz @ The Girl on Fire Now recently posted…TryoutsMy Profile

GiGi Eats Celebrities August 14, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Ugh I am totally impatient right now!!!!!!! I am waiting on some news that supposed to be relayed to me this week but of course, it’s Wednesday and I still haven’t heard ANYTHING – it’s killing me! LOL!
GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Fashion Faux PasMy Profile

Fancy Nancy August 14, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Type A and a HUGE planner here!!! My hubby is a more go with the flow guy and it drives me BONKERS!!! Praying that grad school works out for you and that you can find some peace during this time of limbo!!!

Sophie @ life's philosophie August 14, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I’m terrible at being patient and even worse, I’m impulsive. Instead of taking my time with projects, I rush through them after the second I decided to do it. Being impatient and impulsive is a horrible combination. The key to the waiting game is distraction. Just find every way to distract yourself (in a healthy way I suppose). Good luck!
Sophie @ life’s philosophie recently posted…Wanderlust Wednesday: #9 CambodiaMy Profile

Ilene August 15, 2013 at 12:13 am

Wishing you all good things with grad school, my friend! All good things! And I can relate to having many loves and trying to put time into all of them, for me, writing, yoga, my tiny baking business that I want to revive once I relocate, how to manage it all while still loving it all, staying organized to get to it all, but not so rigid that I feel forced to stick to the plan? Oh, to crack that puzzle. Thinking of you. xo
Ilene recently posted…A Sort of Goodbye but Not ReallyMy Profile

Melanie @ Nutritious Eats August 15, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Oh I think anyone would be anxious and impatient waiting to hear news such as yours. Hope it comes quickly and good luck!
Melanie @ Nutritious Eats recently posted…Kailua Monkey {Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie}My Profile

Lisa September 17, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I’m terrible about patience. I am currently struggling with that because of wedding planning….it’s a lot of “hurry up and wait for OTHER PEOPLE to respond” (i.e. caterers, florist, etc). I am a “get things done now” kind of a person and waiting is making me crazy!
Lisa recently posted…Santa Monica Food & FitnessMy Profile

Melissa September 17, 2013 at 4:38 pm

YES!!!! Hurry up and wait! I got my acceptance letter THREE DAYS before classes started…I was going nuts! lol

Good luck with wedding planning! It can be stressful, but it’s so worth it in the end. :) I would love to do it all over again. :)