#weeklychase: Time Management

by Melissa on November 12, 2012

Dang. Monday. The weeks are becoming a blur to me! Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week?

What?!?!

Yeah.

I have a ton to write about, so I’m going try to keep this post centered on only my goals. This means you’ll be seeing quite a bit more posting in the coming days. (Please forgive me, though, if you see me go a little off course at any point.)

Last week my goal was to keep my workouts consistent. Guess what I didn’t do?

I think that because I got so overwhelmed with having three programs going (now we’re just down to my ACE program and my NASM FNS program), I just spent the week resting. I say resting like I slept and took it easy all week. Haha. As you all know from Friday’s post, I finally got my photography website up and running. It’s still a work in progress, as I have a few things to add and I need to start the blog part of it. Lots of tweaking to do! (If you’re feeling extra special supportive of me, you could always go ‘like’ my Facebook page. Tee hee.) ;) I spent hours designing it, gathering files, finishing the photos for the first session I did, and coming up with price plans. For me, that was the hardest part of it all. I find it so difficult to put a price on my work. Asking yourself “What am I worth?” is a very, very hard question. I’m a beginner, but I put a lot of time into my work. I can’t complain, though…I’m looking forward to what may lie ahead for me, and I’m ready to work my butt off for it.

Anyways, goals. The workouts just didn’t happen. I was busy. I was tired. (3AM bedtimes = very tired me.) I had all classes this week, rather than just one. Oh, and I contracted the stomach bug Maddie had for 4 days. The kind that has you on alert all day. I’ll leave it at that. Not fun. I’m on day 3 of that beauty. I really should have no excuses, though.

I had a long conversation with my mom twice this week, which was wonderful, because she’s been so busy working we’ve had very little time to catch up. In those conversations I admitted I missed running. Terribly. H and I drove past the greenway where I trained for my half this summer, and I felt this weird pain in my chest…you know, the kind that feels sort of like a broken heart? Haha. I think I may be visiting the greenway on Wednesday after class. I’m not today, unfortunately, because I’m afraid of what this stomach thing will bring – there are no bathrooms where I run, and I’m not about to behind-a-bush squat it. Haha. If it happens by surprise on a normal day, well, you gotta go what you gotta do, but if you know you’d be begging for it, then no. lol

This week, because I’ve had such a terrible time sticking to the plan, my goal is time management. I’ve already started to sit down and plan out my days. I have things that I want to get done on a daily or weekly basis that just aren’t getting done because I’m not planning for them. I live every day on a whim. Doing whatever it is I can get done or want to get done, and then I end up having to slap myself in the forehead and whisper “shit!” Meals are included in that. Meal planning is on the list of goals this week, too, and that’s already a check! (Thank God. lol)

I already have the workouts planned out, so it’s just a matter of scheduling my days now.

And getting those greenway runs in.

QOTD: What about you all? How do you plan your days? Do you write it down? Use an iPhone or iPad? How do you plan your time?

Erica { EricaDHouse.com } November 12, 2012 at 9:44 am

My days are pretty scheduled because of my teaching but I do start off every day by making up a giant ‘to do’ list as I eat breakfast and read blogs. I’ll leave it by m computer (where I spend the majority of my day) and can keep focused on what’s on there to be done.

Melissa November 12, 2012 at 10:00 am

You know, I almost mentioned that it’s the one thing I miss about working full-time. Having a set schedule every day. Or at least 10 hours of the day. But then I hated the cram-it-all-in-after-work bit. I’m the queen of to-do lists…and I stopped making them a few weeks ago when I started focusing on reviewing NASM. Time to get back at it.

Mindy Bobe November 12, 2012 at 9:56 am

Melissa I hope you feel better soon girl! That stomach bug thing is the worst sickness ever! Good luck with time management this week….that’s something I need to work on too!

Melissa November 12, 2012 at 10:01 am

Time management has never been a strength for me. Ever. Hopefully, I can change that this week. And thanks! I hope it goes away, too! I feel fine aside from a small headache from fluid loss (I’m sure). It’s a sneaky little sickness.

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf November 12, 2012 at 10:00 am

OK – I know that I’m totally guilty of the late nights too but can we both make a pact to go to sleep earlier? I have been terrible about scheduling and keeping a schedule. That’s actually one of my goals for this week (I hope) is to come up with a schedule that gives me discrete times for work, blog/social media, me, etc. and stick to it!! I’m so excited for you and your photography site. Your photos are gorgeous and you shouldn’t be scared to ask for your worth. i hope that everyone is feeling better!!

Samantha @ The More I Run November 12, 2012 at 10:33 am

Sounds like we have a lot in common! I’m a photographer. I also just passed my NASM CPT. I’m terrible at time management! hahah! Good luck with all of your new ventures! :)

Jenna November 12, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Wow lady! You’ve got toNs going on!!! Time management is always hard!! That’s why I tend to stick to a pretty basic routine each day to get it all in! Lol! Congrats with your photography progress! I’ll be sure to pop over and like it up!! Spa <3

jobo November 12, 2012 at 1:16 pm

You and Christine BOTH need to sleep more! I want to cry thinking of going to bed at 3 am ;-) How you would even have energy TO work out with little sleep is beyond me. Good goal for the week friend, add sleep too okkkk :-) XO!

Charlotte November 12, 2012 at 4:10 pm

If you saw my sleeping pattern the past few weeks you would just about die. Late nights turn into early mornings very quickly. I hate it. I need to be better at time management as well. There is just SO MUCH TO DO and SO LITTLE TIME. I need more hours in a day.

Lets work on THAT ;) haha jk

Kierston November 12, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I used to write out what I was going to make and pack for my meals! Now, it comes ohhhh naturel :)

Danielle @ Itsaharleyyylife November 12, 2012 at 7:51 pm

time management can definitely be hard to do sometimes! I feel like everyday I have a hard time getting everything done and I have like a million hours before my day even starts {since I work second shift} ugh its crazy! haha!