Happy Friday morning!!! Guess what I’m going to do this morning? Three things:
- Read everyone’s Weekly Chase posts for this week.
- Tell you about this week’s giveaway.
- Announce last week’s ZICO giveaway.
And the winner is…
Congratulations, Erin of The Spiffy Cookie!!! If you wouldn’t mind emailing me at livelovenrun[at]gmail[dot]com (by Sunday night) with your mailing address, I will gladly email it on over to my ZICO contact to have your prize mailed to you!
Okay, second order of business. As I promised, it’s my birthday month (20 days to 30!) and I’m giving away some awesome goodies, and I have the second giveaway for you.
Who here runs? Who here bikes? Who here chases after a troop of children? Oh who am I kidding? Who here does anything active and would love to have a piece of gear that allows her to leave her purse behind? Or a piece of gear that allows him to remove the clanky keys and such from his shorts pocket? (My husband removed his money clip, keys, and lighter – ew – about a million times during our move.)
I have been, for 2.5 years, carrying my keys in my sports bra while I’m running. (That’s a flattering picture to paint – me sneakily removing my keys from the armpit of my sports bra – you know, to avoid the ever sexy pointy nipple look – as I walk up to the car. Everyone loves trying to figure out what you’re digging out of there.) I never needed the pocket space for GU or gels or anything else, but my phone was always left behind or carried in-hand. Unsafe or annoying: two things that needed to get removed from the picture and fast.
So I finally bought a SPIbelt…and I’ll never look back.
I bought the belt for my half marathon training, because I’d be running longer and further and wanted to avoid leaving really necessary items in my car. If something happened, I’d need a way to call my husband, I’d need something for energy, or I may need to stab a dude in the eye with my key. (Haha, don’t lie ladies…you know you’ve thought of using your keys for this.)
(The goods I have to store.)
What I love about the belt:
- The zipper zips fast. There’s no snagging, so opening the pocket is quick and easy. (This was perfect for when I wanted to snap a picture during the race or even on my training runs.)
- It fits so much! My iPhone, my huge bundle of keys, a GU or gel packet, and other smaller items like chapstick fit in there just fine.
- This doesn’t slip. At all. I mean it…at.all. I have a serious issue with apparel riding up or slipping. I hate some tank tops for that reason. I was really scared I’d have to wear the belt just below my chest to prevent it from slipping, because I’ll be honest…mommy tummies aren’t always a joy to belt. So I strapped it on at the hip. In. Love. I could wear the pocket at my side, right out in front, or even in the back, and I had no problems.
- The belt adjusts to fit. The same belt can, and will, fit waist sizes ranging from 25” to 50”.
- There’s a polka dot belt. Enough said.
I wanted to share the belt with you all, so I contacted SPIbelt, and what did I get? Amazingness. They sent me a SPIband to try out and share with you all as well. I’ve always been curious about the wrist bands, because sometimes it’s not comfortable to carry a belt when you’re, say, running shorter distances. (Or in my case, you packed your belt in the move and decided to try out the band in that manner. See. No “runner” title needed.)
I was very pleasantly surprised, because I was sent a small band. It didn’t move around on my wrist, and I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to fit anything in there. Wrong. I fit my keys and iPhone just fine.
What I love about the band:
- It’s compact. I love that it’s so tiny and yet can hold so much!
- It’s comfortable. It doesn’t feel like you’re carrying a phone and keys. (And sometimes, I like having something to fidget with when I’m running. Like a sweatshirt sleeve.)
- There’s no zipper. Having a zipper on your wrist might be a pain…so having overlapping sections of the band helped hold stuff in.
- There’s nothing to adjust. Again, the wrist isn’t a place you want to be adjusting something, so having two sizes available is great.
Here’s the good news – SPIbelt is offering you, my hard-workin’ readers, a SPIbelt of your own. So if you’ve always wanted one, you have a chance to get one here. Oh…and there’s a second prize, too. SPIbelt has offered a SPIband as well!
So one lucky winner will receive the belt and one will receive the band. Pure joy there, guys…I love them.
So here’s your chance. Go wild.
**IMPORTANT** I do moderate my giveaway entries. I had to remove a couple of entries from the ZICO giveaway for Weekly Chase entries filled in with questions or phrases instead of links to a legit post. Please be honest.