I’m in love with sweat.

by Melissa on March 29, 2012

Monday, I showed you my blood, sweat, and tears.

And I did it again Tuesday night.

sweat

My fellow FitFluential ambassadors had been posting pictures of #PROOF of their sweaty, messy selves post-workout while I was away on vacation, and I was getting super antsy to share my own with you.

I realize that I don’t post a lot of pictures of myself, and I think a lot of that is because I have a “thing”. It’s basically that I don’t want to come across as self-centered. I know. My blog, my thoughts, and really? Blogs tend to be self-centered in general, right? All about the author. I try very hard to post meaningful content…and I really do my best to be “raw” and honest. However, I do realize I need to prove that I actually do work out and do my best to stay fit…and share one thing I’ve learned about myself:

I’m in love with sweat.

It wasn’t until I started working on my speed during runs that I discovered the meaning of sweating my ass off. I was working harder than I’d ever worked, and I was drenched.

sweat, success

Then I started biking 10 or so miles for cross-training. Vigorously. And the sweat would pour. I can look down at my pedaling feet and see the sweat drip from my forehead onto the floor…and it had just come from the top of my head. This isn’t just a little forehead sweat. This is more than that.

This is success. This is effort. This is dedication.

I always felt compelled to know what it’d be like to workout so hard that my clothes were noticeably soaked.

Those are the workouts I love.

It’s not nasty. It’s hard work. That is what I want to share with you.

There’s nothing like walking away feeling accomplished. To feel victorious. To feel strong.

I don’t fear sweat…I welcome it.

Heather (Where's the Beach) March 29, 2012 at 9:30 am

Girl I’m a huge sweater so I learned to embrace it and see it as a sign of kicking some major workout butt. Love it!

jobo March 29, 2012 at 9:41 am

I LOVE sweat! it was dripping down my back after my dreadmill run today and that is the BEST feeling ever. Bring it on. You are kicking ass!

lindsay March 30, 2012 at 7:44 am

me too! is that weird or what? a good detox for the mind and body!!

Cherie @ Cherie Runs This March 29, 2012 at 9:43 am

Sweat is hot and sexy!! And so are you, chickie!! There’s the proof right up there!!! :-)

Caitlin March 29, 2012 at 11:00 am

For sure! I had the BEST sweaty spin class yesterday. I was sweating so much that I was FREEZING after class because my skin and clothes were 100% drenched and the gym was super A/C-ed outside of the spin room. Oh man, I felt so cleansed! It’s better than jumping into a pool on a hot day.

Jess March 29, 2012 at 11:44 am

I LOVE SWEAT hehe.

Show it off, show it loud and proud – the more pics the better. Not vain at all!! PROOF baby, PROOF! :)

Ericka @ The Sweet Life March 29, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Love your #PROOF post. It has inspired to do one of my own here in the next few days!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish March 30, 2012 at 7:12 am

see i post pictures because I want to see other bloggers, I want to better know who I’m reading.

i love to get my sweat on too and I think I will go do that now!